Re: fix tablespace handling in pg_combinebackup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fix tablespace handling in pg_combinebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 3:31 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> That would be a reasonable answer if we deem the problem to be
>> just "the buildfarm is unhappy".  What I'm wondering about is
>> whether the feature will be useful to end users with this
>> pathname length restriction.

> Possibly you're getting a little too enthusiastic about these revert
> requests, because I'd say it's at least a decade too late to get rid
> of pg_basebackup.

I misunderstood the context then.  I thought you had just added
support for tablespaces in this area.  If pg_basebackup has been
choking on overly-long tablespace symlinks this whole time, then
the lack of field complaints suggests it's not such a common
case after all.