Re: Understanding wal segments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Understanding wal segments
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin Kempter <kevin@kevinkempterllc.com> writes:
> Also I suspect after each filesystem backup I should remove the older
> archived segments since the file system backup makes them
> irrelevant. Is this accurate?

Depends what your goals are.  If you only want to be able to recover
the latest database state then you only need archived WAL segments
back to the start of the latest filesystem backup.  If you are
interested in the "PITR" aspect of it --- being able to revert back
to last Tuesday before some bad guy injected bad data, say --- then
you'll want to keep older filesystem backups too, and a continuous
string of archived WAL files covering the period of interest.

Сообщение: Re: Understanding wal segments
Сообщение: Re: Understanding wal segments