Re: [HACKERS] SRPM for 8.0.0 beta?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SRPM for 8.0.0 beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Isn't there a way to generate this automatically?  Why isn't the .spec
> file (and the debian directory, for that matter) part of the source
> tree?

Can't speak for Debian, but Red Hat at least would not use such a spec
file anyway.  RH's procedures involve frequent addition of entries to
the spec file's ChangeLog, so they keep package spec files separate from
the "upstream" package tarball.  Another good reason for keeping a
separation is that the spec file may represent a package that
aggregates multiple upstream packages.  In the PG case a single specfile
currently aggregates the core server, jdbc, and pygresql ... and I'm
getting pressure to include more stuff.

The init script is a different matter.  That in principle could be taken
from the upstream package.  I'm not sure if all the Linux distributions
could agree on a single init script, though --- I think the conventions
vary somewhat across distros.