Re: Out of space

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out of space
Дата
Re: Out of space  ("Tom Bakken" <tom.bakken@tx.usda.gov>)
Список pgsql-admin
"Tom Bakken" <tom.bakken@tx.usda.gov> writes:
> I've been running a postgres for 2 or 3 years without a problem.  This
> morning my disk space for the database filled up.  I need to know what
> transaction/log files I can truncate or delete without compromising the
> system.  These files are located under /var/lib/pgsql/data/

I wouldn't recommend deleting *any* files manually --- unless you find
core files or old files underneath a pgsql_tmp subdirectory.  Those you
could zap at little risk.

The best approach is to free up a small amount of space elsewhere,
enough so you can get through a CHECKPOINT without failing.  The
checkpoint will hopefully free up some space in pg_xlog.  After that you
can look at dropping tables you don't need any more, VACUUM FULL, etc.