Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI ?)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI ?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Ah-hah.  Not sure if that was Robbie or myself (probably me, really,
> since I rewrote a great deal of that code).  I agree that the regression
> tests don't test with very much data, but I tested pushing quite a bit
> of data through and didn't see any issues with my testing.  Apparently I
> was getting pretty lucky. :/

You were *very* lucky, because this code is absolutely full of mistakes
related to incomplete reads, inadequate or outright wrong error handling,
etc.

I was nearly done cleaning that up, when it sank into me that
fe-secure-gssapi.c uses static buffers for partially-read or
partially-encoded data.  That means that any client trying to use
multiple GSSAPI-encrypted connections is very likely to see breakage
due to different connections trying to use the same buffers concurrently.
I wonder whether that doesn't explain the complaints mentioned upthread
from the Ruby folks.

(be-secure-gssapi.c is coded identically, but there it's OK since
any backend only has one client connection to deal with.)

>> I'll have a patch in a little while.

> That's fantastic, thanks!

This is gonna take longer than I thought.