Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI?)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I wrote:
> > I haven't run it further to ground than that, but there's definitely
> > something fishy here.  Based on just these results one would be hard
> > pressed to say if it's our bug or FreeBSD's, but your report that you
> > don't see the failure with PG 11 makes it sound like our problem.
>
> Ah, I have it: whoever wrote pg_GSS_read() failed to pay attention
> to the fact that setting errno is a critical part of its API.
> Sometimes it returns -1 while leaving errno in a state that causes
> pqReadData to draw the wrong conclusions.  In particular that can
> happen when it reads an incomplete packet, and that's very timing
> dependent, which is why this is so ticklish to reproduce.

Ah-hah.  Not sure if that was Robbie or myself (probably me, really,
since I rewrote a great deal of that code).  I agree that the regression
tests don't test with very much data, but I tested pushing quite a bit
of data through and didn't see any issues with my testing.  Apparently I
was getting pretty lucky. :/

> I'll have a patch in a little while.

That's fantastic, thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Removing pg_pltemplate and creating "trustable" extensions
Сообщение: Re: Removing pg_pltemplate and creating "trustable" extensions