Re: Question: drop database problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Question: drop database problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ben Kim <bkim@coe.tamu.edu> writes:
> pgsql=# drop database mydb;
> ERROR:  Postmaster environment variable 'PGDATA3' not set

> The database owner is pgsql, and if I echo $PGDATA3 as the owner, it
> returns a valid directory. Also, the datpath is correct.

You have $PGDATA3 set in your interactive environment, but evidently not
in the environment of the postmaster process.  How are you starting the
postmaster exactly, and where are you expecting it to get $PGDATA3 from?

> Also, I have several databases sharing the datpath of PGDATA3. Is there a
> system table associating the datpath and the actual OS path?

No, just the environment variable.  (This is all changing in 8.0 with
tablespaces, thank goodness.)