Re: DROP VIEW code question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DROP VIEW code question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't know how it looks now, but the "DROP TABLE x, y, z" was pretty
> broken a while ago.  For example, if there was some sort of dependency
> between the tables (foreign keys?) it would abort and leave an
> inconsistent state.  I'm not very fond of this extension, but keep the
> issue in mind.

This is just a special case of the generic problem that you can't
roll back a DROP TABLE.  That'll be fixed by 7.1, so I see no reason
not to allow the more convenient syntax.

BTW, Mark, the reason utility.c implements T_DropStmt with two loops
is presumably to try to avoid the rollback-drop-table problem; but it's
inherently bogus because not all error conditions can be checked there.
You could fold the two loops into one loop, and/or remove any checks
that are redundant with RemoveRelation itself.