Re: Upcoming re-releases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upcoming re-releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 06:36:10PM +0200, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> So Debian has a patch that is not in 8.1.2? I can't believe that they
>> are doing that -- personally I'm against to add any patch into binaries
>> that is not in the core.

> I consider it a form of preventative bug fixing.

As against which, you have to consider the probability that the Debian
patch breaks something.  With a maintainer who is not one of the main PG
developers accepting patches that haven't yet been reviewed (much less
beta-tested) by the community, that risk seems far from negligible.

(Now Red Hat certainly also puts in patches that aren't yet released
upstream, but we try to avoid getting ahead of upstream patch development.)