Re: Upcoming re-releases

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Upcoming re-releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 06:36:10PM +0200, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 11:28 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
> > I'd really like to see the multiple DB connections with different
> > Kerberos credentials go in to 8.1.3.  It solved the problem we were
> > having authenticating to PostgreSQL using Kerberos from Apache.  We were
> > also able to get phppgadmin to use Kerberos authentication with this
> > patch (which is very nice).  That patch also went into the 8.1.2-2
> > release of the Debian packages
>
> [OT]
> So Debian has a patch that is not in 8.1.2? I can't believe that they
> are doing that -- personally I'm against to add any patch into binaries
> that is not in the core.
> [/OT]

Debian had the patch to enable ident over unix domain sockets well
before core did. So long that I didn't even realise it was a patch
until I compiled my own version. The patch had been submitted upstream
but fell between the cracks. As a Debian user it something I like.

The changelog entry says:
  * Add debian/patches/12-krb5-multiusers.patch:    - Fix krb5 credential handling in libpq for multiple connections
with     different users: Don't keep credentials in global variables, but pass      them around in a new krb5_info
struct.   - Patch from Stephen Frost, proposed to be adopted upstream.

I consider it a form of preventative bug fixing. Somebody on Debian is
bound to complain about it sooner or later, so may as well fix it now.
There is a group who likes having kerberos working properly...

I imagine if a similar bug affected SSL connections, people would be
jumping up and down to have it fixed.

Have a nice day,

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Audio interview
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Audio interview