Re: Is it safe to reset relfrozenxid without using vacuum?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is it safe to reset relfrozenxid without using vacuum?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> AFAICS this should be safe.  In fact, in 8.3 TRUNCATE advances
> relfrozenxid.  (Perhaps you should consider upgrading if possible.)
> Tou could just obtain the xid of the transaction that's going to do the
> import (for example by creating a temp table and getting it's xmin from
> pg_class)

That seems a bit risky.  8.3 resets relfrozenxid to RecentXmin, not the
current transaction's XID.  The OP's thought of taking the max existing
relfrozenxid should be safe though.

Or I guess you could make a temp table and take the relfrozenxid, rather
than the xmin, from its pg_class entry.