Inserting preset values into a serial column

От Michael Rowan
Тема Inserting preset values into a serial column
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
PostgreSQL 8.4.4.1

Can someone pls confirm that, provided I am doing it right, I can insert a row into a table where the primary key is
serialNOT NULL and a (unique) value is provided in the offered data?  I cannot see an answer to this specific point in
thedocs.

TIA

Michael Rowan
mike.rowan@internode.on.net