Re: Restore from pg_dumpall

От Buorn, Yoway
Тема Re: Restore from pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>From: Jeff Frost [mailto:jeff@frostconsultingllc.com]
>What are you upgrading from/to?  Can you share your dump and restore
command line as well?

I am upgrading from Gforge 3.0b1 to Gforge 4.5.0.1.

Unfortunately, I don't have the dump and restore in my buffer, but I ran
"pg_dumpall > backup.dump" and then I tried to upgrade Gforge and I got
errors, so I freaked out and decided to restore before trying again.  I
then ran "pg_restore -c backup.dump" and it told me the file wasn't an
archive so it wouldn't restore.

>From: Tom Lane
>Nothing ... in any PG version newer than 7.3 or so.  Are you trying to
back-port a dump into an older
>server version, and if so why?

I don't think I'm back-porting a dump.  I don't even know what that
means exactly.  All I want to do is upgrade to Gforge 4.5.0.1.  However,
I *feel* I jacked up the DB in the process, so now I just want to
restore from my dump and then try upgrading again.  Thanks for all your
help guys.