AW: Big 7.1 open items

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > >     CREATE LOCATION tabloc IN '/var/private/pgsql';
> > >     CREATE TABLE newtab ... IN tabloc;
> >
> > Okay, so we'd have "table spaces" and "database spaces".
> Seems like one
> > "space" ought to be enough.

Yes, one space should be enough.

> Does your "database space" correspond to current PostgreSQL's
> database ?

I think we should think of the "database space" as the default "table space"
for this database.

> And is it different from SCHEMA ?

Please don't mix schema and database, they are two different issues.
Even Oracle has a database, only in Oracle you are limited to one database
per instance. We do not want to add this limitation to PostgreSQL.

Andreas