AW: Big 7.1 open items

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The current discussion of symlinks is focusing on using directory
> symlinks, not file symlinks, to represent/implement tablespace layout.

If that is the only issue for the symlinks, I think it would be sufficient
put the files in the correct subdirectories. The dba can then decide
whether he wants to mount filsystems directly to the disired location,
or create a symlink. I do not see an advantage in creating a symlink
in the backend, since the dba has to create the filesystems anyway.

fs: data
fs: data/base/...../extent1
link: data/base/...../extent2 -> /data/extent2

Andreas