AW: [HACKERS] SELECT ... AS ... names in WHERE/GROUP BY/HAVING

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: [HACKERS] SELECT ... AS ... names in WHERE/GROUP BY/HAVING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes, you are right, of course, it doesn't mean that it's incorrect.
> However, assuming that Oracle adheres strictly to the
> standard (which is a
> good, but not infallible, assumption),

Which imho is a bad assumption (take Oracle's outer join syntax e.g.).

> it means that we don't.  Of course,
> we may just extend the standard, but in this particular area,
> I'm not sure that it's a good idea,

imho the advantage to have it is big.

> because it can be very confusing, and lead to
> inadvertent mistakes, which can be very difficult to find.

In what particular way ? Please give an example.
Imho it is bad practice if you call your labels like possible
column names anyway.

Andreas