Re: system catalog pg_rewrite column ev_attr document description problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: system catalog pg_rewrite column ev_attr document description problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> Hari Babu <haribabu.kommi@huawei.com> wrote:
>> system catalog pg_rewrite column ev_attr document description as shown below
>>
>> ev_attr� - The column this rule is for (currently, always zero to indicate
>> the whole table)
>>
>> But In the code the column value is always set as -1. can we change the
>> column description as below is fine?
>>
>> ev_attr� - The column this rule is for, presently this value is -1.

> I just changed "zero" to "-1".

Actually, I think this is a bug and the right thing is to make the code
match the documentation not vice versa.  ev_attr isn't being used for
much at the moment, but if it were being used as an AttrNumber, -1 would
not mean "whole row".  It would be a reference to the system column with
number -1 (ctid, if memory serves).  Zero is the usual choice for a
whole-row reference.