Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I never got a reply to this, but I am still seeing it from time to time
> - twice today in fact. Any suggestions?

I've been puzzled by that too.  It seems to indicate that the syscache
inval message that the COMMIT should send is either not getting sent at
all, or is being processed too late.  Neither of these ideas seems very
promising, especially considering that we're looking at a single backend
as both source and recipient of the message --- a race condition doesn't
seem credible.  And there's nothing very platform-specific in that code
either.  (I tried for awhile to explain it as some kind of deficiency
in the signal emulation we use on Windows, but there's no signals used
for normal sinval processing, so that doesn't seem to hold water.)

Are we sure that it only happens on Windows?  Anyone else seen a similar
failure in the prepared_xacts test?