Re: Error in postgresql after crash unable to restart this needs to be posted on -hackers or -bugs, so that tom, oleg and teodor can take a look

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error in postgresql after crash unable to restart this needs to be posted on -hackers or -bugs, so that tom, oleg and teodor can take a look
Дата
Ответ на Re: Error in postgresql after crash unable to restart this needs to be posted on -hackers or -bugs, so that tom, oleg and teodor can take a look  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> anil maran wrote:
> PANIC: block 1100 unfound

> The next problem is determining which index is having the problem, and
> seeing if it has 1100 blocks or not.  Maybe an extend operation was not
> logged, or something.

I'm thinking this might be the GIST variant of that
replay-after-truncation problem we fixed back in March.  That is, the
xlog replay code isn't prepared for the possibility that the block it's
supposed to change no longer exists.