Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down

От Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Тема Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, February 20, 2006 11:00, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>> Speaking for libpqxx, my only concern with that is the mailing list.
>> Would those have to move to different addresses--or conversely, would a
>> forced migration make it much easier to move *all* GBorg mailing lists
>> pgFoundry and maintain their old addresses?
>
> All addresses would have to be changed to the pgfoundry.org one ...

Ouch!  Moving my project off GBorg wasn't so hard, but forcing all mailing
list subscribers to move to a different address does hurt.

If the same goes for many other projects on there, wouldn't it be possible
to move all mail handling for gborg.postgresql.org over to pgFoundry at
once, but preserve the domain name and list names?  It may help people
make the jump if mailing list migration could be decoupled from the other
changes.

Jeroen