Re: FreeBSD 11 compiling from source cannot find readline headers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FreeBSD 11 compiling from source cannot find readline headers
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Keith Fiske <keith.fiske@crunchydata.com> writes:
> The current version of FreeBSD 11 cannot compile the PostgreSQL from source
> without adding the --with-includes flag to the configure option

Yeah, and I believe you need a --with-libs switch too.  This is just a
FreeBSD idiosyncrasy --- everybody else thinks their compilers should
automatically search the platform's standard place for optional packages.

> I noticed this issue mostly because I remembered on FreeBSD 10, I did not
> even need to have the readline package explicitly installed and the
> configure would still work perfectly fine, even confirming it could find
> the readline headers.

Really?  AFAIK FreeBSD has always been like this.  I did find a wiki
page suggesting they're thinking about changing it:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/WarnerLosh/UsrLocal

Сообщение: Re: NOTIFY does not work as expected
Сообщение: Re: NOTIFY does not work as expected