Re: Best Linux filesystem for Postgres data store ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Best Linux filesystem for Postgres data store ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> writes:
> We use ZFS on Solaris for our data stores. Can't beat ZFS for its failsafe features, filesystem portability, etc.

> Having said that, there is that school of thought which would hold that journaling may not be all that indicated
anymore,given the quality of recovery possible from the binary logs. In fact, this would suggest that journaling may
evenbe counterproductive - effectively redundant - in a transaction-heavy environment.

Well, the conventional wisdom is that you want metadata journaling, but
*not* data journaling, at the filesystem level.  Postgres can protect
its data just fine, but it can't recover if the filesystem goes insane.

От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: Best Linux filesystem for Postgres data store ?
От: "Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)"
Сообщение: 9.0 replication: observation