Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:26:24PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> I'm really not sure that we want to be in the business of writing a
>> ton of regression tests to see if languages which claim to be
>> trusted really are..

> That is *precisely* the business we need to be in, at least for the
> languages we ship, and it would behoove us to test languages we don't
> ship so we can warn people when they don't pass.

I can't see us writing an AI-complete set of tests for each language
we ship, let alone ones we don't.  Testing can prove the presence of
bugs, not their absence --- and that applies in spades to security
holes.

Сообщение: Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?
Сообщение: Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?