Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?
Дата
Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:26:24PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * David Fetter (david@fetter.org) wrote:
> > These need to be testable conditions, and new tests need to get
> > added any time we find that we've missed something.  Making this
> > concept fuzzier is exactly the wrong direction to go.
>
> I'm really not sure that we want to be in the business of writing a
> ton of regression tests to see if languages which claim to be
> trusted really are..

That is *precisely* the business we need to be in, at least for the
languages we ship, and it would behoove us to test languages we don't
ship so we can warn people when they don't pass.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?
Сообщение: Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?