Re: Very high memory usage on restoring dump (with plain pqsl) on pg 9.1.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Very high memory usage on restoring dump (with plain pqsl) on pg 9.1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Heiko Wundram <modelnine@modelnine.org> writes:
> On a host that I'm currently in the process of migrating, I'm
> experiencing massive memory usage when importing the dump (generated
> using a plain pg_dump without options) using psql. The massive memory
> usage happens when the CREATE INDEX commands are executed,

What PG version are we talking about, and what exactly is the
problematic index?

There was a memory leak in the last-but-one releases for index
operations on inet and cidr datatypes, so I'm wondering if that
explains your problem ...