Re: Error in 8.0 rc5 with repeat calls to array operator

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error in 8.0 rc5 with repeat calls to array operator
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> However, we're found that if you run thousands of empty array comparisons in a
> few seconds/minutes, eventually the empty array comparison breaks, and you
> get:
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 0

I tried

while true; do echo "select '{}'::INT[] = '{}'::INT[];" ; done | psql regression >/dev/null

on a couple different platforms, with and without INTARRAY (which
isn't invoked by this query anyway, so I doubt it matters).  I haven't
seen any misbehavior yet.

If you can reproduce this, please attach to the backend with gdb, set a
breakpoint at errfinish(), and get a stack traceback from the point of
the error.