Re: Strange issue with initdb on 8.0 and Solaris automounts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange issue with initdb on 8.0 and Solaris automounts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David Parker" <dparker@tazznetworks.com> writes:
> Did initdb previously just assume the -D path existed, and now it is
> trying to create the whole path, if necessary?

Pre-8.0 it was using mkdir(1), which might possibly contain some weird
workaround for this case on Solaris.

I suppose that manually creating the data directory before running
initdb would also avoid this issue, since the mkdir(2) loop is only
entered if we don't find the directory in existence.

Сообщение: Re: bug w/ cursors and savepoints
Сообщение: Re: bug w/ cursors and savepoints