Re: "PANIC: btree_split_redo: lost left sibling" problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "PANIC: btree_split_redo: lost left sibling" problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
MStringham@tomax.com writes:
> Last night we ran out of disk space on our server and when I tried to
> start  pg_ctl I got this error:
>  ** EnterpriseDB Dynamic Tuning Agent ************************
>         * System Utilization: 66 %                                  *
>         *   Database Version: 8.1.3.12                              *

Hmm, I would have thought that EDB were bright enough to not let their
customers still be running 8.1.3.

> 2008-12-04 10:20:47 MST PANIC:  btree_split_redo: lost left sibling

This looks a whole lot like a bug that was repaired in 8.1.4.  You're
missing nearly three years of other bug fixes, too.

I don't recall the details of this bug with full clarity, but I *think*
that you might be able to get out of this just by installing 8.1.latest
over your existing executables and then starting the DB.  The commit
log message makes it seem like that should work, anyway.  (Hmm ...
but it looks from the log like you already tried an archive recovery?
If so you'll probably have to start that over.)