Re: Wanting to run Postgres 8.3.6 on BSD/OS 4.3.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wanting to run Postgres 8.3.6 on BSD/OS 4.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:
> Right I have 8.1.X working properly. but
> when I run make  check I get

> creating template1 database in /usr/source/postgresql-8.3.6/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
couldnot create semaphores: No space left on device
> DETAIL:  Failed system call was semget(1, 17, 03600).
> HINT:  This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.
>     It occurs when either the system limit for the maximum number of semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide
maximumnumber of semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the respective kernel parameter.
Alternatively,reduce PostgreSQL's consumption of semaphores by reducing its max_connections parameter (currently 13).
>     The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about configuring your system for PostgreSQL.

Apparently your kernel doesn't have enough semaphores to allow 8.1 and
8.3 to run concurrently.  Follow the advice in the HINT.

От: The Doctor
Сообщение: Wanting to run Postgres 8.3.6 on BSD/OS 4.3.1
От: "Suvanaket, Dear (MS)"
Сообщение: Fatal: Database does not exist