Re: Cygwin - make check broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cygwin - make check broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... The second part should not be
> applied - I simply include it to illustrate the hack (taken from a
> recent clue on the Cygwin mailing list) that I found necessary to get
> around brokenness on the latest release of Cygwin. The good news is
> that they do seem to be trying to find out what broke and fix it.

You mean this?

> *** src/backend/storage/file/fd.c    4 Jul 2005 04:51:48 -0000    1.118
> --- src/backend/storage/file/fd.c    7 Aug 2005 13:22:00 -0000
> ***************
> *** 327,332 ****
> --- 327,334 ----
>                   elog(WARNING, "dup(0) failed after %d successes: %m", used);
>               break;
>           }
> +         if (used >= 250)
> +             break;
>
>           if (used >= size)
>           {

Looking at that code, I wonder why we don't make the loop stop at
max_files_per_process opened files --- the useful result will be
bounded by that anyhow.  Actively running the system out of FDs,
even momentarily, doesn't seem like a friendly thing to do.

This wouldn't directly solve your problem unless you reduced the
default value of max_files_per_process, but at least that would
be something reasonable to do instead of hacking the code.

Сообщение: Re: Cygwin - make check broken
Сообщение: Re: Cygwin - make check broken