Re: Cygwin - make check broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cygwin - make check broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Seems to me that defining shlib that way for Cygwin too would be a
>>> reasonable answer, but I'm not sure if there will be any side-effects.
>>> Can someone try it?
>>
>> The attached patch worked for me.
>   ifeq ($(PORTNAME), cygwin)
> !   shlib            = $(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX)
>     # needed for /contrib modules, not sure why
>     SHLIB_LINK        += $(LIBS)
>     haslibarule   = yes
> --- 234,240 ----
>   endif
>   ifeq ($(PORTNAME), cygwin)
> !   shlib            = lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX)
>     # needed for /contrib modules, not sure why
>     SHLIB_LINK        += $(LIBS)
>     haslibarule   = yes

Couple thoughts here --- one, someone upthread suggested
"cyg$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX" as the proper value for shlib.  I didn't
see why at first, but now it occurs to me that it might avoid name
collisions with Windows-native builds, which use the "lib" prefix.
I'm not sure if DLLs for Cygwin and native builds would ever go
into the same directory though.  Is this worth worrying about?

Second, in view of Rocco's recent fixes for AIX, I wonder whether that
hack addition to SHLIB_LINK is still needed?