RE: day of week

От Magnus Hagander
Тема RE: day of week
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Karel Zak writes:
>
> > The Oracle always directly set first week on Jan-01, but
> day-of-week count
> > correct... It is pretty dirty, but it is a probably set in
> libc's mktime().
>
> The first week of the year is most certainly not (always) the
> week with
> Jan-01 in it. My understanding is that it's the first week where the
> Thursday is in the new year, but I might be mistaken. Here in
> Sweden much
> of the calendaring is done based on the week of the year
> concept, so I'm
> pretty sure that there's some sort of standard on this. And
> sure enough,
> this year started on a Saturday, but according to the
> calendars that hang
> around here the first week of the year started on the 3rd of January.

In Sweden (and several other places), "Week 1" is defined as "the first week
that has at least four days in the new year".

While it's not an authority, my MS Outlook Calendar allows me to chose from:
"Starts on Jan 1", "First 4-day week" and "First full week".
So it would seem there are at least these three possibilities.

//Magnus