Re: Ready for Beta ... ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ready for Beta ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Hate to ask, but can someone summarize what it is that is being
> "discussed" here?  Andreas' post about 'size triggering' is what drew my
> eye, but I think I missed the central point :(

The question is whether the new syslogger subprocess has enough features
or not ;-).  What it's got is two parameters: switch to a new log file
at least every N minutes, and at least every N kilobytes of log output.
Bruce and I think that's enough.  Andreas wants database users to be
able to force it to switch to a new log file on demand.

I don't think the latter is a particularly good idea for a number of
reasons, but probably the main one is that I don't think users should be
directly fooling with the server logs.