Re: [BUGS] BUG #3799: csvlog skips some logs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #3799: csvlog skips some logs
Дата
Re: [BUGS] BUG #3799: csvlog skips some logs  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Another change I did was to change a "%.*s" to "%*s".  The "precision"
> marker seems useless AFAICT.

This is wrong, broken, will cause crashes on platforms where the PS
string is not null-terminated.  (Hint: .* is a maximum width, * is a
minimum width.)

Another thing I thought strange was the order of the added columns;
why isn't it more like the order in which they appear in the text
version?  In particular hint should probably come just after detail
and before context, and internal-query should also come before context
because when relevant it's usually more closely nested than the context
stack.

Otherwise the patch looks pretty sane to me.  I didn't do any testing
though.