Re: [BUGS] BUG #3799: csvlog skips some logs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #3799: csvlog skips some logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hmm, I'm now wondering if the log line number is correctly positioned.
Right now we have it just after the PID.  So it suggests that following
PID and log line number is enough for tracking what a session does.
While this is not entirely incorrect, ISTM to be more logical to put it
closer to the session ID, and change the name so it is less misleading
in that sense.

Currently we have

session_id             | 475e91da.291f
connection_from        | [local]
process_id             | 10527
process_line_num       | 3

I propose we change it to

process_id             | 10527
connection_from        | [local]
session_id             | 475e91da.291f
session_line_num       | 3

Note changed column name.  I also suggest we change the description of
%l in log_line_prefix to

%     Number of the log line for each session, starting at 1
original isNumber of the log line for each process, starting at 1

Thoughts?

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"No necesitamos banderasNo reconocemos fronteras"                  (Jorge González)