Re: Radical suggestion for plan executor?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Radical suggestion for plan executor?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> [ replace switch statements with function pointers ]

I've built systems both ways, and I can't say that I find any real
gain in transparency either way.  I'm not excited about modifying
Postgres this way.  Function pointers have some definite downsides:
debuggers can't always step through them, source code analysis tools
tend not to understand them too well either, etc etc.

If we were using C++ then the tradeoffs would be different, but
this system is just plain C...