Re: Re: SOMAXCONN (was Re: Solaris source code)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: SOMAXCONN (was Re: Solaris source code)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mlw <markw@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> Nathan Myers wrote:
>> But using SOMAXCONN blindly is always wrong; that is often 5, which
>> is demonstrably too small.

> It is rumored that many BSD version are limited to 5.

BSD systems tend to claim SOMAXCONN = 5 in the header files, but *not*
to have such a small limit in the kernel.  The real step forward that
we have made in this discussion is to realize that we cannot trust
<sys/socket.h> to tell us what the kernel limit actually is.

> Passing listen(5) would probably be sufficient for Postgres.

It demonstrably is not sufficient.  Set it that way in pqcomm.c
and run the parallel regression tests.  Watch them fail.