Re: Views "missing" from information_schema.view_table_usage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Views "missing" from information_schema.view_table_usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> writes:
> Could it be a bug?  Materialized views are a Postgres extension[1] (I always
> thought they are standard.)  But I'd expect them to be included when talking
> about "views".  Maybe they are not included because they are considered being
> closer to physical tables[2] than views.  Yet their dependencies would justify
> inclusion in view_table_usage.

The reasoning is that the information_schema views are defined by the
SQL standard and therefore should only show content that matches the
standard.  Thus, they ignore PG-invented objects like matviews and
sequences.  Some other projects adopt more liberal views about
what should be shown in those views, but that one is our policy.