Re: Views "missing" from information_schema.view_table_usage

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: Views "missing" from information_schema.view_table_usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 02/12/2022 23:22 CET Jonathan Lemig <jtlemig@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It probably wouldn't hurt to have that added to the documentation. I'll post
> a message to pgsql-docs. Thanks again!
>
> Jon

Good idea!

Could it be a bug?  Materialized views are a Postgres extension[1] (I always
thought they are standard.)  But I'd expect them to be included when talking
about "views".  Maybe they are not included because they are considered being
closer to physical tables[2] than views.  Yet their dependencies would justify
inclusion in view_table_usage.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/sql-creatematerializedview.html, see Compatibility
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/release-9-3.html#AEN119452

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/backend/catalog/information_schema.sql;h=18725a02d1fb6ffda3d218033b972a0ff23aac3b;hb=HEAD#l2605

--
Erik

Сообщение: Re: Views "missing" from information_schema.view_table_usage
Сообщение: Re: Views "missing" from information_schema.view_table_usage