Re: array_cat anycompatible change is breaking xversion upgrade tests (v14 release notes)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: array_cat anycompatible change is breaking xversion upgrade tests (v14 release notes)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, I came up with the attached patch.  This is one of the few cases
> where the incompatibility is not clearly related to the feature, so I
> left the existing item alone and just created a new one with the same
> commit message in the incompatibilities section.

I think phrasing this as though user-defined aggregates are the only
pain point is incorrect.  For example, a custom operator based on
array_cat would have issues too.

I suggest a treatment more like

    Some built-in array-related functions changed signature (Tom Lane)

    Certain functions were redefined to take anycompatiblearray instead
    of anyarray.  While this does not affect ordinary calls, it does
    affect code that directly names these functions along with their
    argument types; for example, custom aggregates and operators based
    on these functions.  The affected functions are [ blah, blah ]

Сообщение: Re: array_cat anycompatible change is breaking xversion upgrade tests (v14 release notes)
Сообщение: Re: array_cat anycompatible change is breaking xversion upgrade tests (v14 release notes)