Re: pg_dump return failed sanity check

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump return failed sanity check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick Robin <Patrick.Robin@disney.com> writes:
> When I try to use pg_dump, I get this error. Can it have something to
> do with a custom type I added. I made sure I added the input/output functions
> and comparision functions for sorting and queries.
> The type works fine in SQL queries in general.

>> pg_dump -s scm
> \connect - d23adm
> failed sanity check,  type with oid 457690 was not found

That's probably an indication that you forgot to delete a function that
takes or returns an older custom type that you deleted.

Look in pg_proc for a function containing 457690 in proargtypes or
prorettype, and delete that tuple (or tuples if more than one).

pg_dump oughta be more helpful about where it sees the problem...