Re: recovery.conf location

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: recovery.conf location
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Then instead of having a trigger file, the admin could just update the
> status file in recovery.conf and save it (or overwrite the file).

This doesn't seem like a terribly bright idea.  We've expended megabytes
of list traffic on arguing about automatic updates of config files, and
still don't have a generally acceptable solution.  Now you want to make
standby-mode transitions contingent on solving that problem?

Keep the state separate from the config, please.