Re: User privileges-verification required

От Nauman Naeem
Тема Re: User privileges-verification required
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Yeah it really was :-) BTW I have implemented this for multiuser-mode as well......Both the approaches as mentioned in my very first email...

1- The minimum super user count should not be less then 1.
2- Only the main database system owner is eligible to reassign.

My personal believe is, this minimum functionality should be a part of multiuser mode! I was oblivious of this and did initdb twice,  may be I am dumb :-)

Thanks,
Nauman

On 2/26/06, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> wrote:
> In my opinion we should cater for such a situation, and two possible
> solutions come to my mind for this:

I've done exactly this before, and had to use single user mode to
recover.  Annoying.

> 1. Place a restriction that there should be more than one superuser
> before you can issue a "NOCREATEUSER" command.

I agree :)

Chris

Сообщение: Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....
Сообщение: Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....