Re: attempting to retrieve column names from information schema fails.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: attempting to retrieve column names from information schema fails.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Day, David" <dday@redcom.com> writes:
> I'm looking on some insights on the following problem on retrieving table column names from the information schema (
postgres9.6.6 FreeBSD 11.1 )
> When my client starts up up.  Each thread ( 10 ) run this command.
> select column_name from information_schema.columns where table_name = 'pep_port_log';
> I have encountered two instances of testing Where the server does not respond to that  command.

Hm.  Next time it happens, look into pg_stat_activity to see if the
backend process is waiting, and if so for what, and what other processes
are waiting.  (I'm wondering about undetected deadlocks, for instance.)
If it's running, maybe you could collect some stack traces to try to
narrow down what it's doing.  Actually, a stack trace would be useful
if it's waiting, too.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD