Re: Modifying Makefile

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Modifying Makefile
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mohamed Yassin Eltabakh" <meltabak@cs.purdue.edu> writes:
> I updated the src/backend/parser/Makefile and added "new.o" to the OBJS
> list, but when I compile I receive error:
> ....undefined reference to `PSQLexec'
> ....undefined reference to `PQntuples'
> ....undefined reference to `PQclear'

You seem to be trying to use the libpq client from inside the backend.
This is entirely inappropriate.  If you need to run general-purpose SQL
queries you can use SPI, but code that is doing that probably does not
belong in /parser.  Just about anything that makes sense to do during
parse analysis should be adequately supported by the system catalog
cache routines.