Re: CPU causes 100% load in user space when ntp client runs and postgresql is under heavy load

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CPU causes 100% load in user space when ntp client runs and postgresql is under heavy load
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dennis Brouwer <dennis.brouwer@m4n.nl> writes:
> I now have excluded ntp as root cause for the CPU cycles being wasted in
> user space.

Good, cause that wasn't making any sense at all.

> I installed perf and monitored two servers (with different postgresql
> versions and hardware specification) which are "hanging" and have some
> output. Since I'm no die-hard at interpreting the output of perf top what
> would be the next step to do?

I'd suggest asking for help in pgsql-performance.  I don't know much
about perf either (still an oprofile guy), but the people who do know
it hang out there.