Re: pread() and pwrite()

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: pread() and pwrite()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 11/7/18 7:26 AM, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> On 11/6/18 4:04 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 4:42 AM Jesper Pedersen
>> Thanks!  Pushed.  I'll keep an eye on the build farm to see if
>> anything breaks on Cygwin or some other frankenOS.
>>

> There is [1] on Andres' skink setup. Looking.

Attached is a reproducer.

Adding the memset() command for the page makes valgrind happy.

Thoughts on how to proceed with this ? The report in [1] shows that
there are a number of call sites where the page(s) aren't fully initialized.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3fe1e38a-fb70-6260-9300-ce67ede21c32%40redhat.com

Best regards,
  Jesper