Re: Upgrade postgres from v10 to v14

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: Upgrade postgres from v10 to v14
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 11.01.22 um 09:44 schrieb Daulat:
> Hello Team,
>
> We are planning to upgrade our existing Postgres v10 to  v14 .
> I need to know the best practices for upgrades and  major differences
> between PostgreSQL v10 and v14, primarily to identify code level impact.
>
> Thanks,

Hello,

Have a look at https://www.postgresql.org/about/featurematrix/ for the
differences between versions. For code level impact (which will be very
small, maybe non-existant), you may read the release notes of the
versions 11 thru 14.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/release.html
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/release.html
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/release.html
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/release.html

The topic upgrading is well described at
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/upgrading.html

If your database isn't large, I'd recommend pg_dump + psql, but if it's
large, pg_upgrade is a must.

Regards,

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

Вложения