Re: Patch application

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch application
Дата
Re: Patch application  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think it is time to start giving people official responsibility for
> certain areas of the code.

This strikes me as overly formalistic, and more likely to lead to
arteriosclerosis than any improvement in code quality.  Particularly
with a breakdown such as you have proposed, which would likely mean
asking multiple people to approve any given patch.

I think the procedural error in this past weekend's contrib mess was
simply that you didn't pay attention to the fact that Oleg's patch was
based on an out-of-date copy of the contrib module.  You should have
either merged the changes or bounced it back to Oleg for him to do so.

Insisting on CVS $Header$ or $Id$ markers in all code files might help
to detect this kind of error --- but nothing will help if you are
willing to overwrite other people's changes simply because you didn't
recall the reason for them at the moment.

Сообщение: Re: ODBC/FreeBSD/LinuxEmulation/RPM?
Сообщение: Re: ODBC/FreeBSD/LinuxEmulation/RPM?