Patch application

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Patch application
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I think it is time to start giving people official responsibility for
certain areas of the code.

In the old says, we didn't have many _exports_, and people submitting
patches often knew more than we did because they had spent time studying
the code.

Now, we have much more expertise, to the point that people not involved
in those areas can't really contribute very well without the assistance
of those experts.

For example, I can't seem to evaluate any Makefile changes because Peter
E. knows how the system is designed much better.  The same is true for
JDBC and many other areas.

I would like to create a web page in the developer's corner that
contains module names and the people who are most knowledgeable.  I will
no longer apply changes to those areas without getting approval from
those people.  My recent attempts have made things worse rather than
better.  I suggest other committers do the same.

My short list right now is:

    Makefiles/configure    Peter E.
    psql            Peter E.
    Jdbc            Peter M.